The IUTA is proud to present a 2nd World Championship in 2020! Next to the Double Ultra Triathlon in Virginia/USA (October 2020) there will be a Deca Continuous WC in Buchs, Switzerland from 12th to 27th of August. It is the first time after 2014 that two world championships take place in the same year and the first Deca WC since 2006 in Vidauban, France. The current world champions at the Deca Ultra Triathlon are the German Dagmar Großheim and Fabrice Lucas from France. Who will be next? More information at http://www.swissultra.ch.
After three weeks of competition, the fourth edition of the Swissultra Triathlon is history. Austrian Norbert Lüftenegger has set a new world record for 20 times the Ultratriathlon distance (Double Deca), Swiss Eva Hürlimann for 10 times the distance (Deca). Walter Eberle from the Principality of Liechtenstein was the first handicapped athlete to finish the Deca Ultratriathlon.
The crowd in Panevezys saw two finishers in the men's field, who beat the 20-hours-mark and a fantastic new world record from the polish athlete Robert Karas at the Double Ultra Triathlon. In the woman's category, Alina Ranceva from Lithuania won the IUTA world championship race in an exciting battle with the current world champion at the Triple-Ultra-Distance Marie Veslestaul from Norway.
More Articles ...
- Brutal Events: Did I mentioned that I finished a Deca?
- Triple Lensahn: Mareile Hertel beats 23 years lasting world record
- Another world record at the event in Bad Blumau, achieved by Richard Jung
- Founder of the Ultra Triathlon died in June 2019
- Double in Emsdetten 2019 ended with a new World Record!
- Hayes and Zemadanis win the Double Anvil in Florida 2019